Instructions: Sort columns by clicking on the header.
Y = YES
S = BY SPECIAL ARRANGEMENT
|COURSES OFFERED |
Y = YES
|Andrews, Beverly||(250) 707-2040
• 28 years experience with pesticides (includes 18 years with Ministry of Environment - Pesticide Program).
Excel Career Institute
| Office: (604) 746-0515
Cell: (604) 613–3125
• Master of Science (Agriculture)
|Brown, Steve||(250) email@example.com||Y||Y||Y||• Focus on tree fruit and vineyard application.
• Horticulturalist and Fieldman for the Okanagan Tree Fruit Co-operative.
• EFP & BCGAP advisor.
• Orchard owner and operator.
• I usually do at least one course a year with a Punjabi translator.
• Most courses are done in the spring time in the north.
|Chahal Avtar||(604) 496-6029
|firstname.lastname@example.org||Y||Y||• B.Sc. Agri P.Ag
• M.Sc. IT
• Pesticide Applicator & Dispenser
• First Aid level 2
• HACCP–I, II, III
• Supervisor Safety Management
• Greenhouse Vegetable Production
• Assistant Field Manager, I.P.M Assistant and First Aid Attendant, specialization in blueberry, cranberry and apiculture
• Assistant Grower, I.P.M Assistant and First Aid Attendant at native plant nursery
• 17 years Agriculture Development Officer, India
|Camosun College||(250) email@example.com||Y||Y||Y||Y||• Camosun serves Vancouver Island and Gulf Islands including the Greater Victoria Regional area.
• Pesticide certification courses are taught through the College's 1-year Horticulture Program, as Continuing Education courses open to the public, and as dedicated courses provided to organizations and employer groups.
|firstname.lastname@example.org||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||• Stuart M. Craig M.Sc., Regional Manager, Pesticide Program, Ministry of Environment 1976 to 2004, principal SMC Consulting since 2004.
• Conducted more than 150 Pesticide Applicator courses since 1976.
• SMC Consulting specializes in preparing pest management plans, pesticide research, vegetation/noxious weed management and First Nations training, environmental monitoring and pesticide program design.
Drinkwater Environmental Services, DES
|(778) email@example.com||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||• Bob Drinkwater, P.Ag. Invasive Plant Specialist, Range Agrologist, District Agriculturist with Ministry of Forests and Range and Agriculture from 1978 to 2011. Principal DES Consulting since 2011.
• Conducted Pesticide Applicator Courses since 1978.
• DES prepares pest management plans, vegetation/Invasive Plant management and First Nations training, environmental monitoring and vegetation management program design.
(Farm and Ranch Safety and Health Association)
• FARSHA’s mandate is the development and provision of health and safety services to B.C. agriculture
• Instruction available in English, Punjabi and Vietnamese
|Gill, Baljit||(604) firstname.lastname@example.org
• Ph.D in BIOTECHNOLOGY (Relationship between Agriculture Crops and Pesticides)
|Gill, Gurdeep||(604) 835-4720
• Master of Science (Horticulture), Professional Agrologist from BCIA, Recognized Nutrient Management Planning Advisor (BC Ministry of Agriculture).
|Grewal, Gagan||(778) email@example.com||Y||Y||Y||• Diploma of Technology in Occupational Health and Safety (BCIT).
• BC technical training in English and Punjabi.
• 10 years of Occupational Health, Safety and Environment (OHSE) experience.
• 8 years of instructing experience (OHSE).
• 5 years of Heavy Construction Industry experience (OHSE).
|Guite, Art||(604) 534-9148||S||Y||S||S||S||S||S||S||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||• Worked with pesticides since 1972 (mosquito, structural, nurseries, utilities).
• Pesticide applicator training for 25 years.
• 10 years BCIT instructor.
• Auditor - Agrochemical Warehousing Standards Association for Pesticide Warehouses (CropLife).
• Auditor BCNLA SODS Program.
• B.Sc., Diploma Technology Public Health Inspection, M.P.M. (Master of Pest Management) , Professional Agrologist.
• Owner Ridpest Service Ltd.
|Kwantlen Polytechnic University, School of Horticulture||(604) firstname.lastname@example.org||Y||Y||Y||• www.kwantlen.ca/hort
• We are dedicated to creating an exceptional learning environment for our students.
• Faculty join with students in combining scientific principles, aesthetic values, business practices, and community awareness to produce and manage plants and landscapes.
• Our graduates are successful in a broad range of endeavours and are providing leadership and service in our communities.
CropHealth Advising & Research
|(250) email@example.com||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||• www.crophealth.com/
• Conducting classes since 1997.
• Public classes are held at Colleges or Universities and private classes at worksites.
• The instructor is a consultant in Integrated Pest Management, providing practical knowledge and a bank of pictures to illustrate the book materials.
• For more information, visit the website.
|Morrice, Ed||(250) 562-2131
|firstname.lastname@example.org||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||• B.Sc, Forestry
• Instructor in Natural Resources and Environmental Technology Program at the College of New Caledonia.
• Experience in forestry applications.
• Instructed for many years for applicators in forestry, landscape and vegetation. management as well as dispenser courses.
|Mullett, Robin||(250) 752-8444
• Degrees in Agriculture and previously registered as a Professional Agriculturist in B.C.
• Former Region Manager for the Provincial Pesticide Control Program
• Principal in a consulting firm dealing with pesticide training and use
• Instructed Provincial Certification courses since 1974 in all certification categories
• Specialize in IPM emphasis
|Munro, Rick||(250) 252-0050||Y||Y||S||S||S||S||S||S||Y||Y||• 25 years in golf course construction and maintenance industry.
• Licensed pesticide applicator for 13 years.
• Pesticide applicator instructor at Vancouver Island University.
• Owner at Greenside Environmental Services.
• Associate Publisher www.fromthegreenside.com
|Neighbour, Al||(604) 574-2853||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||• 14 years: Dept of Plant Science.- UBC.
• 12 years: Kwantlen University College.
• Instructor: Golf Course and Turf Grass Management.
• Landscape contractor.
• Instructor: Instructional Skills Workshop.
• Motivational Speaker.
|Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||• The Canadian Pesticide Applicators' Core Training course is an online course based on the Canadian Pesticide Education Program Applicator Core Manual. The Applicator Core Manual is an essential part of the study material for several certification exams.
|Pacific Horticulture College||(250) email@example.com||Y||Y||Y||•
Pacific Horticulture College is a small accredited private college that trains Victoria's landscapers and dispensers. The Dispenser and Landscape Pesticide Applicator's Certificate courses and exams are offered regularly in the spring and fall, with additional courses scheduled for groups of 6 or more by request. Visit http://hcp.ca/college-at-hcp/ for scheduled courses and fees or email the college office.
|Rogan, Robson G.||(250) 372-9916
|firstname.lastname@example.org||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||• 10 years of provincial certificate training.
• 15 years in the agricultural industry as a Professional Agrologist (P.Ag).
• Teachable courses include: Industrial Vegetation & Noxious Weeds, Agriculture General, Strychnine Gopher, and multiple Rotenone (piscicide) courses for federal/provincial fisheries.
|University of the Fraser Valley||(604) email@example.com||Y||Y||Y||
This information has been provided by individual trainers. It has not been verified by the Ministry of Environment.
To add or edit information in this table, contact Bob Lucy.